By Schoun Regan
This finished, technical reference advisor presents in-depth details on Apple technical structure. it's going to train the reader the best way to set up and configure machines; architect and retain networks; permit, customise, track and troubleshoot quite a lot of providers; and combine Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, and different Apple applied sciences inside a networked atmosphere. The publication covers myriad process management issues from listing providers integration to Tiger Server deployment, Xsan management, accountmanagement most sensible practices, safety top practices, and extra. Following the training targets of the Apple qualified approach Administrator examination, this booklet is an ideal complement to Apple's personal education classification and a in-depth technical reference for present approach directors and engineers.
Read Online or Download Apple Training Series: Mac OS X System Administration Reference, Volume 1 PDF
Similar client-server systems books
Major alterations were made to the MCSA and MCSE courses with a purpose to offer a transparent occupation direction for IT execs helping home windows Server 2003. Sybex, winner of "Best research publications" in CertCities. com 2002 Readers' selection Awards, bargains MCSA and MCSE applicants this thoroughly up to date version to aid arrange for middle examination 70-291, imposing, dealing with, and protecting a Microsoft home windows Server 2003 community Infrastructure.
Get a head begin comparing Window Server 2012—with technical insights from a Microsoft MVP who’s labored commonly with the beta unlock. This sensible advent illuminates new beneficial properties and services, with situations demonstrating how the platform can meet the desires of your enterprise. according to beta software program, this ebook presents the early, high-level info you want to commence getting ready now for deployment and administration.
All of your home windows Server 2008 R2 questions answered—on the spot! wake up to hurry at the new gains of home windows Server 2008 R2 with this indispensableguide. Designed for busy IT execs, it is the excellent go-to source for speedy solutions and real-world strategies as you administer the recent server OS.
At the same time tremendous facts is popping the realm the other way up, the subsequent part of the revolution is already taking form: real-time facts research. This hands-on consultant introduces you to typhoon, a allotted, JVM-based approach for processing streaming information. via uncomplicated tutorials, pattern Java code, and a whole real-world state of affairs, you are going to the right way to construct quick, fault-tolerant suggestions that procedure effects once the knowledge arrives.
- Managing Active Directory for Windows 2000 Server
- Cloud Computing: Web-Based Dynamic IT Services
- Exam Ref 70-342 Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Cya Securing Exchange Server 2003 & Outlook Web Access
Additional info for Apple Training Series: Mac OS X System Administration Reference, Volume 1
If a password is stored in the user record, it is stored in crypt format. 8. It serves as a unique identifier for the group. Part 1: Directory Services Administration 37 38 Part 1: Directory Services Administration Lesson 2. Accessing Local Directory Services Time This lesson takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Goals Understand the type of data stored in each of the BSD flat files and identify those used by the Open Directory plug-in Use Directory Access to configure Open Directory on a Mac OS X computer to retrieve user records from BSD flat files Modify data in the local NetInfo database with both Workgroup Manager and dscl Understand how the DirectoryService process on Mac OS X uses plug-ins to access system information Use the lookupd command-line tool to determine which agents, in what order, are used for a particular category of items List the local data stores that Open Directory uses on Mac OS X Use lookupd to search for different types of user information This lesson introduces you to how Mac OS X accesses directory data stored on the computer, how to configure Mac OS X for local data access, and how to manipulate local directory data.
4. Run dscl in interactive mode by typing dscl localhost. 5. At the prompt (/>), type list. A list of data paths is displayed. For example: Bonjour NetInfo SLP SMB Search Contact 6. At the prompt, type cd Search. The prompt changes to indicate that you are now in a path that can be used to search directory services for information. 7. List the categories of records that can be searched by typing ls. The ls command is the same as the list command. The records in a folder are organized in a hierarchy.
3. Create a second user account for Isadora Jarr with the following values: Name: Isadora Jarr Short name: isadora Password: ml8ml8 Password hint: White Rabbit Give Isadora's account administrative authority. 4. Quit System Preferences. Exploring Directory Services With dscl The dscl utility is very useful for finding out what information is returned when DirectoryService requests are made. Since it is a command-line utility, it can be used remotely with ssh. Part 1: Directory Services Administration 33 34 Part 1: Directory Services Administration 1.